Archery Shop in Roseburg, ORProfessionalism, experience, and expertise are what you can expect when you shop with Southern Oregon Archery, LLC! From seasoned pros fine-tuning their equipment for competition to brand-new archery enthusiasts, we can help you. From start to finish, you can find everything you need to help you when you stop in.
Archery Shop and Service
Only the most passionate archery fans shop with us because we hook you up with the best gear and will help you repair or tune-up your equipment. It doesn’t matter if you didn’t buy your bow with us or if we don’t carry that brand. We repair any and all bows, regardless of their manufacturer.Call Now!
Archery Pro SuppliesFrom competition to recreational enjoyment, archery pros need the best gear. Our inventory includes just about anything an archery pro could want, including:
- A wide selection of bows
- Bow stringers
- Shooting gloves
- Arm guards
- Finger tabs
- Bow sights
- Release triggers
- Bow cases
- Bow stands
- Nocking points
- String wax
- 3D archer’s supplies
If you don’t see what you need on this list, it’s most likely because we have too much to list in one place! Stop in the store and see how much of everything you could need for archery is in stock.
Bows (Compound and Recurve)Every archer seems to have their own preferred bow. If you’re starting out and shopping for a bow, there are two types you should consider. They are:
1. Compound Bows:These bows are most often used for hunting, but some archer enthusiasts use these for target shooting. This might be your best choice if you’re looking for a bow that shoots a fast and powerful arrow. Fast and strong is not only great for hunting, but also for sharp and precise shooting in practice or competition.
2. Recurve Bows:For anyone wanting a solid, good bow, recurve bows may be a great choice. These bows can also be used for hunting, but an archer must be able to accommodate the power strength needed for a clean kill. If you’re considering getting into competitions, recurve bows are common at many higher levels.
There aren’t firm rules about what kind of bow would be best for a particular person. While the two bows mentioned above are the most common, there are other types of bows, including longbows and crossbows.Another factor to consider when deciding on a bow is how much draw weight is right for you. Draw weight is the amount of weight that you can pull back on your bow. The best way to get the right bow for you is to come into Southern Oregon Archery, LLC, and let our experienced professionals help you find the right one. We carry so many options that we’re confident that we can help you select the perfect one for you!
AccessoriesThe right accessories can help any archer go from good to great! Accessories are also necessary to help keep archers safe. Some of the more popular accessories among archers include:
- Strings or Cables
- Cable Slides or Guards
- String Stops
- Bow Stringers
- Chest Guards
Bow Maintenance and RepairWhen your bow needs some TLC, Southern Oregon Archery, LLC pros have the expertise and skill to get it back to peak performance. It doesn’t matter if your bow needs a quick fix or an entire rebuild. Bring whatever bow you need to be repaired to us. It doesn’t matter what model or brand you have. We can fix and service everything!
Archery RangePractice in our 30-yard indoor range whenever you need it! It’s open to the public and gives arching enthusiasts a warm, dry space to practice. If you don’t have your bow with you but are close to our range, stop in and rent out equipment to get some extra practice in.
Archery LessonsWe offer archery lessons! So even if you’ve never held a bow, we can get you started for a reasonable fee! Pros who want to improve their skills can learn from our experienced staff. Our instructors can spot areas that may need improvement and advise you on how to keep growing as an archer.
How long can a bow be left strung?It’s always a good idea to ensure your bow is unstrung when you’re not going to be using it in the near future. Compound bows can be left strung as long as you ensure the string is in great shape and waxed properly. If in doubt, unstring your bow.
What are 5 rules of archery?There are many rules when it comes to archery. Here are 5 rules to help keep everyone safe and able to perform their best:
- Walking instead of running is polite and safer whenever you’re at an archery range. You risk tripping and hurting yourself with your bow and/or arrow if you run.
- Do not aim at any living being unless you’re in a hunting situation. Any arrow can cause significant damage or even be fatal.
- Constantly maintain and inspect your equipment. When you see any problems with your equipment, have it repaired or replaced. Do not use the damaged equipment as it can be unstable and injure you.
- Know where your friends, peers, and spectators are before you shoot. It only takes one shot to harm someone, so ensure no one is near your target.
- Only shoot when you are mentally sharp and aware. If you’re ill, have had any alcohol or drugs, or are tired, don’t shoot. Wait until you feel focused and alert to practice.
Is it better to restring a bow or buy a new one?The best way to know if your bow should be restrung or if it’s time to get a new one is to consult a pro. Most bows can be restrung, while others may require enough work that it’s better to invest in a new one.
Need an Archery Shop in Roseburg, OR?
The only shop where you can get everything you want and need for your archery supplies is Southern Oregon Archery, LLC. With more than 50 years of experience and expert staff, you’ll always be satisfied with your experience. So stop by or contact us today!